welcome to goss!
Countless intangible veils separate all universes from each other - and from ours. The fabric of space and time is at its faintest, like gossamer, at these proximate points we share with all other realities. Interdimensional castaways are drawn to safety and arrive on a train in our core world, Hialao. The train system also serves as our lifeblood by connecting five other worlds to Hialao.

With the dimensional displacements not yet showing signs of slowing, and research forever futile on how to leave (besides those who simply vanish, falling back through the invisible curtain), it's impossible to say who might arrive and how they might shape this fragile series of lands, eras and cultures. Good luck out there.

Our application template was made by Juliannacodes exclusively for Gossamer. Thanks to kismet for the sidebar cookie script. Icons courtesy of Ionicons. Banner art by Pixiv user ID #122500. Free pixel icon resources sourced from various places such as pvstels, 7soul1, The Infamous Bon Bon, neonvamp, and more.

Site premise was formed by the original staff of Gossamer - Alida, Prince, Rebecca, Morgan, and Tera, who created the dimensions of Elestis, Hialao, Parse, Barrows, and Wildewall, respectively. Additionally, Tethya was the result of a site event and was created by a former member, Velvet.

Gossamer's genre-based multi-world concept must not be duplicated or mirrored elsewhere without express permission from the current owner and staff. Member-made content belongs to its respective creators. DO NOT RIP, INSPIRE, RECREATE, OR STEAL ANY PART OF THIS SITE.

GOSSAMER
PANFANDOM ANIMATION & ILLUSTRATION . JCINK PREMIUM . 3 YEARS OLD
KEEP IT CLASSY, FOLKS!

for a limited time only • please register your accounts in all capital letters

Add Reply
New Poll

I. OPEN THREADS
DAE
LIFE AS WE KNOW WOULD BE SO DIFFERENT HAD OUR PATHS CONTINUED THE SAME. THE ROAD IS OPEN; WE FIND OUR WAY THROUGH TIES WHERE BROKEN. TO MOVE ALONG FROM WHERE WE'D BEEN, I'LL SING THIS SONG FOR YOU AGAIN. I'M LOOKING UP AROUND THE BEND; WE'RE SO MUCH STRONGER THAN BEFORE, OUR FRAYING EDGES ON THE MEND.
GOSSAMER STAFF
GOSS DAD
CHUUYA'S #1 FAN
DAE (HE / HIM)
HE / HIM
OPEN THREADS
Have an open thread that has no replies in it yet? Great! Feel free to post a link below (with an optional description if you want to give a quick summary for those that would want to reply) and wait for someone to reply to it! There’s no form or anything like that, just post the link below. Every so often we will comb through the open threads and delete those that have replies in them. Have fun!
i got the eye of the tiger a fighter dancing through the fire cause i am a champion and you're gonna hear me roar. . . i went from zero to my own hero
mass effect
human
teacher
hippo (she/her/hers)
she/her/hers
Fairy Tale Life

Jack is living a very happy existence in this AU with her lover, it could be you

it's just us usa-chan, everyone else was too busy
OHSHC
human
baker
Hippo (she/her)
he/him
[M]We'll Be Friends Forever

A cute best friends that become something more au, good if you like smut but prefer it be meaningful fluff.
once you go black you never go back i'm a black sheep
dragon age: inquisition
elf
thief
Hippo (she/her/hers)
she/her/hers
[M]The Girl of Your Dreams

Sera is dreamwalking in the Fade (Dragon Age Universe, knowledge of lore not necessary) and sneaks up on your horny female character. Will include smut. Has to be female but genderbending is allowed.
You don't set your own limits. Even after I lose all my powers, and get mocked by everyone, or look ridiculous, I'm not going to let that stop me. I'm going to stay a hero to the very end. I'm not going to give up.
Tiger & Bunny
NEXT
Superhero
Carma (Blarg)
He/Him
Noir Nights

Noir AU! Open to 1 or 2 (but if it's 2 the posting order wouldn't be standard; see the post for more details). Character 1 is Detective Kaburagi's old flame, who left him because of his obsession with his work and inability to move on from the past. But now life has brought them together again; Character 1 shows up at his doorstep troubled, and what's a bitter gentleman to do but let them in? There's a case here to be solved and he'll be damned if he lets it go by like he let his first love die.

The crime can be anything, the crook just has to have left behind their signature mark - the king of hearts. Surprise surprise, it's the same person who murdered DetectiveTetsu's wife; he has all the more reason to solve this case and put that guilt behind him, and maybe finally these two can move forward. As friends, enemies, or a rekindled flame? Who knows where this will go.

Character must be an acceptably-aged adult, no younger than 26 please! You may age your characters up for this AU. Criminal can be of any age.

in our darkest moments, we find something
Tomb Raider (2013)
Human
Explorer
Hippo (she/her)
she/her
[M]I'm Only Human

Smut will be had, college roommate AU
I pray you will be the blossom of hope that never wilts.
Naruto
Human
sculptor
Akemi (she/her)
she/her
a thousand shades

konan needs help. can you aid her in her quest, dear stranger?
justice ain't gonna dispense itself.
OVERWATCH
HUMAN
VIGILANTE & MERCENARY
REMY (SHE/HER)
HE/HIM
IT'S A FULL [M]OON SOMEWHERE

Expect both smut and violence. Open to one, please.

This is a werewolf / fantasy AU, some basic knowledge of Overwatch is explained in the synopsis. Basically Overwatch except with monsters from all walks of fantasy, monster hunters and experiments done on humans.

in our darkest moments, we find something
Tomb Raider (2013)
Human
Explorer
Hippo (she/her)
she/her
A Jurassic Undertaking

Open Jurassic Park/Dino Crisis 2 inspired AU

Open to 3 people: Feel free to age down your character so they can be college age. Childhood friends, any gender
Well...this social situation isn't going the way I acted it out in the shower.
OSOMATSU-SAN
HUMAN
POLICE OFFICER
TIGER (SHE/HER)
HE/HIM
A Fruitless Search

Limits: One please

Summary: Choromatsu has finished his shift as a police officer for the day and has checked with the citizenship clerks about any new identical arrivals. Having found none of his brothers again, he gets a little mopey and smacks right on into someone by accident. Whoops.
at the curtains call it's the last of all when the lights fade out all of the sinners crawl so they dug your grave and the masquerade will come calling out at the mess you've made
Final Fantasy XIII
l'cie
medic
Hippo (she/her/hers)
she/her/hers
[M]Electrify Me

Electricity Elemental AU, now including extra smut
Each man creates his own God for himself - his own Heaven, his own Hell.
GRANDIA XTREME
NORTIS (HUMAN)
MILITARY LEADER & ARCHAEOLOGIST
BO (SHE/HER)
HE/HIM
after hours

Nothing too OTT planned in my head but it's open for whatever you wanna do introspection-wise with the Reflection Pool. Bonus points if you shove him in.
If the world chooses to become my enemy, I will fight like I always have!
Sonic the Hedgehog
Hedgehog/alien hybrid
odd jobber
Catherine (any)
he/him
PRIMED TO KILL

Shadow is a bounty hunter. Your character is the bounty. You determine the numerical value of the bounty and what the bounty is for. Hijinks ensue!

The emphasis is on character interaction more than it is violence/action. Action can certainly be in there and some fun can be had but the point is the potential of what can develop between Shadow and the other character in the thread during the thread, whether it's a deep hatred or some mutual understanding!

Limit to one person.
SONIC'S THE NAME, SPEED'S MY GAME!
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG
HEDGEHOG
HERO
LYCAN (HE/HIM)
HE/HIM
something buggin' you

Sonic's distraught as heck and on the lookout for peeps on the Hiking Trail! (though maybe he's not so much on the trail...)
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll